Skip to main content


Choosing to Attend a Simi Valley School
Science in Simi
  • For Santa Susana Magnet High School, begin by visiting their website.
  • If you live outside of the City of Simi Valley and would like to attend a Simi Valley School:
    • If your home school district is in Ventura Countyprint this form (Spanish). Then, submit the completed form to the District Office for your home school district. We are located at 101 West Cochran Street.

    • If your home school district is the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), submit their online interdistrict permit application. Click here to access their application.

    • If your home school district is outside of Ventura County (excluding LAUSD), please visit your home school district's website to learn about the process of requesting an interdistrict transfer to Simi Valley Unified School District.

  • Once you have received a signed interdistrict permit from your home school district, please:

Choosing Educational Options Outside of Our City

If you would like to attend a public school outside of the City of Simi Valley

For the 2020-2021 school year, Interdistrict transfer applications will be reviewed now.  

  1. Download the appropriate Interdistrict Transfer Request:

  1. Complete and print the application form.

  2. Write a letter of rationale for requesting the transfer out of Simi Valley Schools.

  3. Attach a copy of your child's most recent report card.

  4. Attach all required supporting documentation to your application. The list of the required supporting documentation is on page 2 of the Interdistrict Transfer form you downloaded.

  5. Submit a complete packet (application and supporting documentation) by emailing it to