Applications for Interdistrict permits for the following school year will only be accepted between the first school day in January of the previous school year and the last Friday in April of the previous school year. (Example: Applying for 2023-2024 school year. Application accepted between January 11, 2023 and April 28, 2023.) If you have recently moved or have extenuating circumstances, which may warrant a mid-year change, you may provide those details in an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Choosing to Attend a Simi Valley School
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS STARTING JANUARY 11, 2023
I'm interested in my child attending school in the Simi Valley Unified School District and we do not live in the district
If you live outside of the Simi Valley Unified School District (which includes the city of Simi Valley as well as adjacent unincorporated Ventura County areas) and would like to attend a Simi Valley School, please carefully read the following information:
If your home school district is in Ventura County, print this English form (or this Spanish form). Then, submit the completed form to the District Office for your home school district. We are located at 101 West Cochran Street, Simi Valley.
If your home school district is the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), please submit their online interdistrict permit application. The LAUSD open enrollment period for the 2023-24 school year is February 1, 2023 - April 30, 2023.
If your home school district is outside of Ventura County (excluding LAUSD), please visit your home school district's website to learn about the process of requesting an interdistrict transfer to Simi Valley Unified School District.
Once you have received a signed interdistrict permit from your home school district, please
For Santa Susana Magnet High School, begin by visiting their website.
I'm interested in moving my child to a school outside of the Simi Valley Unified School District
For the 2023-2024 school year, Interdistrict transfer applications will be reviewed beginning Wednesday, January 11, 2023.
- Download the appropriate Interdistrict Transfer Request:
- Complete and print the application form.
- Write a letter of your rationale for requesting the transfer out of Simi Valley Schools.
- Attach a copy of your child's most recent report card.
- Attach all required supporting documentation to your application. The list of the required supporting documentation is on page 2 of the Interdistrict Transfer form you downloaded.
- Submit a complete packet (application and supporting documentation) by emailing it to email@example.com or bringing it to the district office at 101 W. Cochran Street, Simi Valley, CA 93065.