Transition Partnership Program (TPP)
The Transition Partnership Program (TPP) is a partnership between the Department of Rehabilitation and the Simi Valley Unified School District that has been in place since 2018.
TTP is a federally-funded program to help support our students with special educational needs to transition from academic life to the work environment. It is a complementary program to the existing and ongoing Workability Program.
- Job exploration counseling
- Work-based learning experiences
- Work readiness training
- Self-advocacy training
- Mild to moderate disabilities
- 16-21 years old
- Are enrolled in an SVUSD education program (including homeschool, vocational training, and alternative high school programs)
- Have an IEP, a 504 Plan or a disability
- Motivated students that would benefit from an individualized training experience
Workability versus TPP
While the Workability program has many of the same goals, the TPP program has some unique provisions that fill gaps in the transition to post-high school employment.
TPP extends vocational rehabilitation services for up to 2 years post-high school to students that are enrolled in SVUSD programs. TPP is intended to provide additional resources for students that would benefit from a more intensive educational experience that can be provided 'on-location', in a manner that Workability does not.
Our program is designed to reach a limited number of selected students, provide them with more individualized instruction, and offer support for an extended period of time.
- Thorough employment preparation for our students
- Locate employers with work opportunities
- Successful job placement
- Identification of specific job goal and creation of a plan to pursue it
- Effective use of short-term support services
- 90+ days of successful employment
Case managers, teachers, parents, and counselors can refer a student to the program by filling out the referral form:
Please note that filling out the referral form is an application process and does not enroll the student.
For more information about the TPP program please contact Barbara Stewart, our Employment Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.306.4500 Ext. 4312. The Transition Partnership Program operates on-campus at each of the Simi High Schools. You can also visit our website HERE.