Skip to main content


For questions about Dual or Concurrent Enrollment

At high school, contact your school counselor


Wendy Mayea
Assistant Director
805.306.4500 Ext. 4310

Dual Enrollment Classes

College & Career Seminar and most ROP Classes, & CTE Classes are Dual Enrollment courses. 

Dual Enrollment


What is Dual Enrollment?

"Dual enrollment" means a student is enrolled in a high school course, taught by a high school teacher on a high school campus, that is also approved for college credit when taught by a high school teacher on a high school campus.

Courses eligible for dual enrollment in Simi Valley Unified start with Career and College Seminar (CCS) in the 9th grade. The high school student receives 5 units of high school credit and 3 units of college credit at the successful completion of the course.

What are the benefits of Dual Enrollment?

Dual enrollment promotes college transition in important ways for all students. Often students with backgrounds who are underrepresented in college, do  as well or better in college courses as those who are NOT dually enrolled. This means dually enrolled students have higher

• High school graduation rates 

• High school Grade Point Average 

• High school retention and on ­time graduation 

• Proficiency on state assessments

• College grades and credit accrual 

• Community college enrollment, retention and persistence rates 

It is important students earn grades of "C" or higher as the grade is placed on the college transcript. 

What is  Concurrent Enrollment?

"Concurrent enrollment" means a high school student is enrolled in a college class taught on the college campus by a college professor yet, receives high school credit along with college credit. 

What are the requirements of a concurrent course?

You must be a high school student who has obtained permission from your high school counselor. You must be enrolled and attend your high school campus for at least four classes per day to be able to enroll in and earn credits from a concurrent course.

Is there a cost to receive the college credit from dual or concurrent courses?

High school students do not pay the college enrollment fees to earn credit for dual enrollment classes on our campuses. In some cases, the Health Fee is still required by the college. CCS is free to all SVUSD students. By taking college courses in the high school years, students save time and money while working on the completion of a college degree after high school.

Concurrent Enrollment

Students may also earn both high school and college credit by taking college classes at a local college. Interested students should speak to their high school counselor today!

Pathways Classes

Pathway classes meet a-g UC/CSU requirements. An increasing number are available for college credit.